The Big Minds, Tiny Hands Speech and Language Pathologists are highly skilled specialists in providing therapy to children who present with challenges related to autism, ADHD, auditory processing disorders, apraxia, receptive/expressive language, oral motor and feeding disorders.
An assessment includes evaluating a child’s oral motor function, ability to articulate, language processing, comprehension and ability to express him/herself. Our Speech Pathologists utilize an individualized approach incorporating PROMPT, behavioral interventions, as well as sensory, oral motor or other approaches as needed depending on your child’s history, current preferences and clinical presentation.
All of our Speech-Language Pathologists have the highest credentials in the field, are New York State licensed.
Our team can tackle your child’s:
- Articulation – the way a child makes speech sounds
- Phonology – the speech patterns used
- Apraxia – difficulty planning and coordinating the movements needed to make speech sounds
- Fluency – stuttering
- Voice – difficulties with pitch, volume, or quality of voice
- Dysphagia – difficulty with swallowing
- Oral feeding – difficulty with bottle feeding or eating
- “Picky” Eaters – mild or significant limitations in food choices/preferences
- Receptive language – difficulty understanding or processing language
- Expressive language – difficulty putting words together, limited vocabulary
- Pragmatic language – social communication